Posted by Heather on Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 8:39pm.
Are any of these examples of imagery, personification, similie, metaphor, connotation, denotation
1) Pam is standing there with Joe's head in sink and this bottle of coloring that is red. Not normal hair color red, red like a maraschino cherry
2) I reach over and rub him on the top of his head because he reminds me of one of those puppies who looks up at you at the pet store with its big, sad eyes just begging you to take it home with you but nobody does.
3) She is doing everything that she can to keep from hurling herself across the room scattering innocent seventh graders to the four corners of earth and tearing Addies liver out with her bare teeth
4) If they're not home, you can bet on a stack of pancakes that they are within yoo-hooing distance of somebody who knows them.
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 8:42pm
If you're in doubt, be sure to look up each term here and let us know what you discover.
And be sure to watch your spelling; it's simile, not "similie."
- English - Heather, Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 9:00pm
1) is either a metaphor or a simile. I'm not too sure
3) Not sure
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 9:34pm
1 is a simile -- see the word "like" in there to make the comparison?
2 is correct
I'd call 3 hyperbole, but it's not one of your choices.
4 is dealing with lots of slang, but I suppose you could call this imagery since most of the sentence is supposed to put specific images into your mind.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English 10 - That cold autumn morning no eyes saw the sun, Which literary ...
- English expression - A: What color hair do you have? B: I have blond / black / ...
- English I Part II College Prep Program - Give two examples of each of the ...
- English - I looked at the website that was given to me last night. Can someone ...
- LA - 6. Poets use imagery and words with different connotations and denotations...
- helpppppp??? please - Poets use imagery and words with different connotations ...
- LANUGAGE ARTS - 6. Poets use imagery and words with different connotations and ...
- 9 lit and comp - in the story margold similie onomatopeia mataphor ...
- ENGLISH MS. SUE - The FALCON OF DEATH was a creature they knew, And the choirs ...
- English 10 help please - The falcon of death was a creature they knew, And the ...