Posted by David Lemmings on Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 1:21pm.
1. Good writing costs companies money and these costs increase significantly if the communication is ineffective. Which of the following pairs would NOT be two additional costs to the company if written communication is poor?
Paper and wasted time
Postage and legal problems
Computers and software
Lost goodwill and document cycling
2. With increased market globalization, intercultural competence:
becomes less of a challenge
is aided significantly by advanced technologies such as faxes, overnight delivery and e-mail
reduces the chances of interacting with people who speak another language
is becoming less and less important
3. Many companies have found that family-friendly policies:
are good recruiting tools, but often result in relocation failures.
are one of the six leading reasons that new managers fail.
have given employees with children higher overall compensation levels.
produce clear gains in productivity and customer service.
4. You are a technical writer in a large company who is working on a training manual to help new users learn the company's computer system. Employees will use your manual in training seminars taught by your company's trainers. The manual will also serve as an on-the-job reference later. Both of the system analysts who designed the computer system and the trainers will comment on your draft. The trainers would be classified as what kind of audience for your manual?
5. The primary audience for your message is made up of:
decision makers or opinion molders in an organization.
everyone who receives it.
individuals with the highest status in an organization.
people who represent the opinions or attitudes of the majority.
6. Who is the primary audience for a company that cans and markets pet food?
Suppliers of the food products
Veterinarians and animal hospitals
Dogs and cats
7. When preparing a message for a large, diverse audience, you must:
request audience participation.
include multiple visual aids.
look for common denominators that tie members of the group together.
compose an e-mail informing the audience of your timeline.
8. Which audience has political, social or economic power, pays close attention to the transaction between you and the primary audience and may base future actions on its evaluation of your message?
9. When an audience feels your message is unimportant to them, you should:
use threatening language to show the seriousness of the matter.
make any action requested as easy as possible to accomplish.
avoid imposing deadlines for action.
make the message long and detailed so perhaps something will catch their attention.
10. Providing an audience with some background information on a topic before delivering the main message is an example of responding to which audience analysis question?
What positive aspects can you emphasize?
How will the audience use the document?
How will the audience initially react to the message?
How much information does the audience need?
- Business Communication - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 1:25pm
My goodness! You forgot to post YOUR answers!
We'll be glad to check them for you.
- Business Communication - David Lemmings, Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 1:27pm
I don't know if these are correct but if you could possibly help me by evaluating them I would appreciate it! :)
- Business Communication - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 1:38pm
I don't know the answers to 4, 5, 8, and 10.
But I do believe that your answers for 1, 2, 3, and 9 are wrong. I'm sure that your answers for 6 and 7 are correct.
- Business Communication - robert, Friday, December 17, 2010 at 5:28am
If an audience is opposed to what you have to say or resistant to a charge you are suggesting, a good approach is to:
- Business Communication - Amanda, Wednesday, May 30, 2012 at 10:45am
#5 is a.
- Business Communication - Anonymous, Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 2:19pm
11) Which audience has political, social, or economic power; pays close attention to the transaction between you and the primary audience; and may base future actions on its evaluation of your message?
A. Auxiliary audience
B. Watchdog audience
D. Secondary audience
- Business Communication - Diana, Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:07pm
- Business Communication - Kristina baez, Monday, June 10, 2013 at 11:45am
Answer this Question
business english - Good writing costs companies money and these costs increase ...
english communication - 1. Good writing costs companies money and these costs ...
Communications - Good writing costs companies money, and those costs increase ...
computers - Good writing costs companies money and these costs increase ...
business - good writing costs companies money,and these cost increase ...
math - The fixed costs of oreparting a business are the costs include rent, ...
English - Do you know what the 5 OMM costs of a restaurant would be. I know what...
Other - Do you know what the 5 OMM costs of a restaurant would be. I know what ...
Economics - PROBLEM SOLVING 1: "ANDREA'S SOFTWARE BUSINESS" I. Complete the ...
communication - features of written communication Please state your question. ...