Posted by jesse on Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 10:57am.
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. In this sentence i need to know what part of speech these words or phrases are: four, and seven, ago, fathers brought, on, continent, new, liberty, and, that, are created. these are all.
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 11:00am
This is one of the best sites online to help you learn to recognize the different parts of speech:
You can also look up each word:
I'll do the first three for you; you do the rest and then re-post if you want someone here to check them for you.
four = adjective
and = conjunction
seven = adjective
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 11:01am
"four" and "seven" describe nouns
"fathers" = noun
"brought" = verb
"on" = preposition
You can look the other words up in a dictionary to find their part of speech.
We'll be glad to check your answers.
- english - Anonymous, Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 3:31pm
i ate a clumsy pinao pleyer, even though i practice daily
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Four score and seven years ago, our forefathers brought forth upon ...
- grammar - Which part of speech is the capitalized words in this sentence? Four ...
- horizon - What part of speech is the italicized word in the sentence below? What...
- Ms. Sue PLZ HELP!!!(Civics) - "Four score and seven years ago our fathers ...
- english - 1 Four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth upon this ...
- History - 5.Lincoln gave the Bettysburg Address in 1863. He states that, "Four ...
- History - 1. Why is Lincoln giving a speech at Gettysburg? A.To declare the ...
- history - I dont understand what the answer would be to this question: What ...
- algebra - Abraham Lincoln, gettysburg address begins with the phrase (four score...
- mathematics - The value of a score (as in "four score and seven years ago").