Posted by nikki on Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 12:34am.
How to solve: the measure of an angle is 12 less than twice the measure of its supplement. What is the measure of the angle?
- Geometry - Kyle Buchanan, Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 2:29am
x + (2x - 12) = 180
3x - 12 = 180
3x = 180
- Geometry - Reiny, Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 8:57am
let the angle be x
then its supplement is 180-x
x = 2(180-x) - 12
x = 360 - 2x - 12
3x = 348
x = 116
if the angle is 116
its supplement is 64
twice the supplement is 128
12 less than twice the supplement = 128-12 = 116
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry. Please help. - 1) Two angles are complementary. The measure of one ...
- geometry - find the measure of an anGle if five times the measure of its ...
- Geometry Question - Can someone show me how to solve this?The measure of an ...
- geometry - I need help with this question. "The measure of the supplement of an ...
- geometry - Twice the measure of the supplement of an angle is 39 degrees less ...
- geometry - 1) A billboard on level ground is supported by a brace, as shown in ...
- Triangles - the measure of angle 1 is twice the measure of angle 2. the measure ...
- Geometry - The measure of angle B, the supplement of angle A, is four times the ...
- geometry - Hi! I have a Geometry worksheet I need to get done for tomorrow. It's...
- geometry - The measure of an angle's supplement is 76 less than the measure of ...