Posted by Beth Anne on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at 4:26pm.
Determine the zeros of the function 3x^2 -8=10x. I know I rewrite it as 3x^2 -10x-8 = 0
But then what do I do-I'm totally confused-Answers are
Please direct me or show the steps, just don't give me the answer because I still won't get it.I think it is -2/3,4 but I'm not sure-even if that is correct, please show me the steps.
- Math - bobpursley, Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at 5:37pm
I would factor it.
x= -2/3, or x=4
- Math - Henry, Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at 6:09pm
3x^2 - 10x - 8 = 0,
Factor using the A*C Method:
A * C = 3 * -8 = -24 = 2 * -12,
3x^2 + (2x - 12x) - 8 = 0.
Group the 4 terms into factorable pairs:
(3x^2 - 12x) + (2x - 8) = 0,
3x(x - 4) + 2(x - 4) = 0,
Factor (x - 4) from each term:
(x - 4) (3x + 2) = 0,
x - 4 = 0,
x = 4.
3x + 2 = 0,
3x = -2,
x = -2/3.
Solution set: x =-2/3, and x = 4.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Determine the zeros of the function 3x^2 -8=10x. I know I rewrite it ...
- Math - Can someone please check my answers below for accurateness? The ...
- Decartes Rules - Use Decartes Rule of signs to determine the possible number of ...
- Math - Find the equation of the tangent line 5x^2+y^2=14 at (1,3). P.S: It's ...
- Intermediate Algebra - Determine whether the point (1, 8) is a solution of the ...
- Math Algebra 1 - i was wondering if anyone could help me on this problem. expand...
- Algebra HELP! - Consider the function h as defined. Find functions f and g so (f...
- how about his one - -7+ 5x = 10x-2? im not sure I know its -1, but im not sure ...
- Decartes Rule - Can you please check my work? Use Decartes Rule of signs to ...
- Math - I need help with finding the zeros of the function: x^4+10x^2+9.