Posted by nick on Monday, September 27, 2010 at 9:25pm.
Discuss the role of law and politics in Supreme Court decision making. Which is more influential? Why?
- history - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 27, 2010 at 9:27pm
What is YOUR opinion?
- history - nick, Monday, September 27, 2010 at 9:29pm
Meaning of the words
- history - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 27, 2010 at 9:33pm
Now, which do you think is most influential?
- history - nick, Monday, September 27, 2010 at 9:34pm
law because you cant change it so you have it follow it?
- history - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 27, 2010 at 9:44pm
That's true, and I agree with you.
But opponents will point out that Supreme Court judges are appointed by the president and are members of the same political party as the president. Therefore, they bring their previous philosophies (liberal or conservative) to the Court.
- history - nick, Monday, September 27, 2010 at 9:46pm
so they bring out their own opinion? yes I think politics would be more influential then. is there anything else that would back that up?
- history - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 27, 2010 at 9:50pm
You could Google Supreme Court politics.
I suspect the answer is somewhere in between politics and law as the most influential. The Justices are also chosen for their knowledge and wisdom. They use both, plus their own biases, in making their decisions.
Answer this Question
- History - 1. Why do some argue that the Supreme Court "legislates from the bench...
- law/history - when the supreme court makes a law is there a way to appeal their ...
- LAW - Once a supreme court makes their decision and it becomes law is there ...
- us history- please help - 1. The job of the Congress is to __________. Is it to ...
- law - A state’s highest court is called the state: (Points: 5) District Court. ...
- can you explain this to me government - First decision by the Supreme Court to ...
- Business law - The Supreme Court threw out a $79.5 million punitive-damages ...
- college- law - Question about the Loving vs. Virginia case. When the Lovings ...
- POL 201: American National Government - 4. An appellate court that hears an ...
- please check history - Two powers of Congress. 1. declare war 2. pass laws Two ...