Posted by daz on Monday, September 27, 2010 at 3:13pm.
Take the numbers 4 and 7.
If we square them we get 16 and 49, which added together becomes 65.
If we add 4 and 7 together first and then square we get 121.
The difference is 56. PROVE that there is a connection between the product of 4 and 7 and 56 FOR ANY PAIR OF NUMBERS YOU SELECT.
- maths proofs - MathMate, Monday, September 27, 2010 at 3:48pm
Take the numbers a and b.
If we square them we get a² and b², which added together becomes a²+b².
If we add a and b together first and then square we get (a+b)².
The difference between (a+b)² and a²+b² is....
Expand and subtract.
- maths proofs - daz, Monday, September 27, 2010 at 3:54pm
if not please help
- maths proofs - daz, Monday, September 27, 2010 at 3:59pm
or is it
- maths proofs - MathMate, Monday, September 27, 2010 at 4:14pm
That's correct! (the last version).
- maths proofs - daz, Monday, September 27, 2010 at 4:26pm
thanks so much
- maths proofs - MathMate, Monday, September 27, 2010 at 5:24pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - i^6 = (i^2)^3 = (-1)^3 = -1 The square, not the square root of -1 is 1...
- Algebra - How do I complete the square: 4x^2+3y^2+8x-6y-5=0 Also, is this a ...
- bartlett hill,math - add the like terms together.a+b+a+2b Okay. Well, the ...
- ALGEBRA 1 - still working on this and need additional help two houses are for ...
- i need help,math - okay i am completely lost after reviewing everything my mind ...
- algrebra 2 - it is called completing the square here is the equation 4x^2-4x+1=9...
- math - The length of a rectangle is 2 times its width and its perimeter is 42 cm...
- ALGEBRA 1 - need help solving two houses are for sale on the same street.the ...
- maths - Consider the equation x(square) + 4px + 2q = 0 where p and q are real ...
- math - If you put four 9-inch square boards together to make a bigger square, ...