Posted by Hi on Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 10:03pm.
What problems did medieval towns face? How did medieval europeans attempt to deal with those problems? How did an independant judiciary and common law in England help to protect individual rights?
History - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 10:06pm
I'll be glad to critique your answers.
History - Hi, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 10:20pm
Medieval towns were typically small and crowded. Most of the houses were built of wood. They were narrow and and could be up to four stories high. As wooden houses aged, they started to lean. Sometimes two facing houses would lean so much they touched across the street. Rich and poor lived in quite different households. In poorer neighborhoods, several families might share a house. A family might have only one room where they cooked, ate, and slept. In general, people worked where they lived. If a father or mother was a weaver, for example, the loom would be in the home. Wealthy merchants often had splendid homes.
History - Hi, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 10:25pm
Is that right?
History - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 10:30pm
That's a good start. Of course with crowded wooden houses, devastating fires were always a major threat.
What about the other two questions?
History - Anonymous, Monday, January 11, 2016 at 11:13am
Sewage was a problem as well. Many people just threw their waste on to the street this could have contaminated nearby water sources or spread disease
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- World History - List 4 problems / setbacks of the medieval age?
- history medieval europe - I have to make some replica artifact (medieval model) ...
- medieval history - how did renaissance and medieval hermeneutics differ, and why...
- History - How is Dante's work different from earlier Medieval literature and why...
- history - Describe the daily lives in Medieval Europeans, homes, occupations, ...
- history-renaissance/middle ages - How were women viewed in the medieval times? ...
- History - Describe the daily lives of medieval, europeans, including their homes...
- English - 1. Modern soccer is the same as the one of Medieval England. 2. Modern...
- Environmental problems - How did pre-modern Europeans understand and deal with ...
- History - Hello, just got a sheet that has a couple problems regarding European ...