Posted by conversions on Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 8:38pm.
3 miles to centimeters
will someone help with that problem? and tell me how to show my work with all the multiplication and division. like 1 mile over 3 centimeters or whatever (random numbers) but will you show me how and what the answer is please
physics - Christina, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 8:40pm
Okay first you have to go from miles to ft then to iniches and then to cen? right?
So you put what your trying to find on top.
I'm not going to do this for you so tell me, how many feet are in a mile?
physics - conversions, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 8:43pm
5280 ft in a mile
physics - Christina, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 8:51pm
3 miles * 5280 ft
1 ft 1 mile.
Now muilitply top times top ( 3 times 5280) and then divide it by the answer at the bottom when u muiltply. (1 times 1)
physics - conversions, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 8:55pm
that doesnt make sense. the answer is 44150400 but how do you get that
physics - Christina, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 8:59pm
That's wrong Muilitpy 3* 5280
physics - conversions, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 9:02pm
15840. i know that.
but the final answer is 483000
physics - Christina, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 9:04pm
483000 in what units?
physics - Henry, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 9:05pm
3 mi * 1600 m/mi * 100 cm/m = 480000 cm
physics - conversions, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 9:05pm
483000 in cm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math 3rd grade - The roadrunner bird can run 14 times miles per hour. That's 7 ...
- 7th Grade Math - Fernando is 6 1/4 feet tall. If one inch equals 2.54 ...
- math - Midson draws a cone shape paper with height of 9 centimeters and a volume...
- calculus - hey can someone help me with these i need help Consider the curve ...
- Algebra - Ok, so then does this look correct? -Find the area of a triangle in ...
- Math - On a roadmap, the distance between two cities is 8.6 centimeters. What is...
- Math - Please help to convert the following(Show work please!!! 1.62500 Grams to...
- Math - If 360 workers called in sick and 240 went to work, how many workers work...
- find the height - A paper cone cup beside a water cooler has a diameter of 6 ...
- geometery - bases are isosceles triangles with parallel sides that measure 15 ...