Posted by rfvv on Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 7:33pm.
Posted by rfvv on Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 9:16am.
1. Yesterday was his 100th day.
2. one hundredth day
3. a hundredth day
(How can we read '100th day'?)
English - Writeacher, Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 9:41am
Do you mean his 100th birthday? (Meaning he's 100 years old?)
Let me know.
English - Jen, Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 10:17am
and you can't say #3
Thank you. Not 100 years old, but 100 days passed
- English - Writeacher - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 7:37pm
I think rfvv is referring to the small celebration when an infant is 100 days old.
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 7:38pm
You could say, "This is his hundredth day on the job."
You could say, "This is the one hundredth day since the mine caved in."
But "a hundredth day" wouldn't be used.
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 7:40pm
Ah, I see.
So rfvv, how could you rephrase those sentences to reflect the 100th day celebration?
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 7:41pm
I think he's using "100th day" as we would say "birthday." Yesterday was his birthday.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. Yesterday was his 100th day. 2. one hundredth day 3. a hundredth ...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Saturday, December 18, 2010 at 7:22am. A: Lunch is ...
- math - saturday is the starting date what day will it be 1 year 44 day from ...
- Math Riddle - What day would yesterday be if Wednesday was five days before the ...
- biology - time day 0 day 1 day 3 day 4 day 5 day 7 count blank 7 10 5 14 9 8 low...
- algebra 2 - Posted by hellogoodbie on Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 3:24pm. ...
- English - I'm working on a complements assignment, and I understand what they ...
- math 4 - every saturday, mother and claire go to the market. on each marketing ...
- Algebra - Tom went on a 3 Day road trip in which he drove the same number of ...
- English - I forgot to include a few last sentences. When reporting the following...