posted by Franco on .
Can you help me checked if the following sentences are grammatically correct? Thank you very much.
1) On what condition can Shylock take a pound of flesh from Antonio?
On condition that he doesn't drop(?) a single drop of Antonio's blood.
2) Why can have the Duke have him executed? Because he has tried to kill a Venetian.
3) How much of his propert must Shylock lose according to the law of Venice? All of his property.
4)What does Antonio suggest Shylock should do? He should pay a fine to the court and give half of his money to him.
1. Use "shed" instead of the first instance of "drop" and the sentence will be fine.
2. Verb problems. Should be -- "Why can the Duke have him executed? Because he tried to kill a Venetial."
3. Spelling -- property
4. "his money to him" -- who is who??