Can you help me checked if the following sentences are grammatically correct? Thank you very much.
1) On what condition can Shylock take a pound of flesh from Antonio?
On condition that he doesn't drop(?) a single drop of Antonio's blood.
2) Why can have the Duke have him executed? Because he has tried to kill a Venetian.
3) How much of his propert must Shylock lose according to the law of Venice? All of his property.
4)What does Antonio suggest Shylock should do? He should pay a fine to the court and give half of his money to him.
English - Writeacher, Sunday, September 26, 2010 at 8:05am
1. Use "shed" instead of the first instance of "drop" and the sentence will be fine.
2. Verb problems. Should be -- "Why can the Duke have him executed? Because he tried to kill a Venetial."
3. Spelling -- property
4. "his money to him" -- who is who??