Posted by Donna on Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 7:31pm.
I have been trying this on my own and just want to know if this is right are not
2. Suppose that the linear equation y = 0.3x + 0.9 represents an estimate of the average cost of gas for year x starting in 2002. The year 2002 would be represented by x = 1, for example, as it is the first year in the study. Similarly, 2008 would be year 7, or x = 7.
a) What year would be represented by x = 2? (2 pts.) 2003
b) How much did it cost per gallon of gasoline in the year represented by x=2? (2 pts.)
so does the y represent 2003= 0.3x + 0.9
0.3x 0.9 =2003
I do not think this is right
c) What x-value represents the year 2011? (2 pts.)10
d) Assuming this growth trend continues, what will the price of gasoline be in the year 2011? How did you arrive at your answer? Show your work (2 pts.)this i am not sure about at all do I need to subtract this one
- Alegbra 115 - bobpursley, Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 7:47pm
costofgasaoline in 2003=.3(2)+.9=1.5
costofgasoline in 2011=.3(10)+.9=3.9
- Alegbra 115 - Donna, Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 7:48pm
thank you so do you think the way I did is also right
- Alegbra 115 - bobpursley, Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 7:50pm
I think you should not have inputted the year. X=YEAR-2001
so for 2003, X=2003-2001=2
and for 2010, X=2011-2001=10
Answer this Question
- math 116 Help Please - 1. Suppose you are at the gas station filling your tank ...
- Calculus - Suppose that you can calculate the derivative of a function using the...
- math - According to the center of Science in the Public Interest, the maximum ...
- Math - 1. The expression log 5x is equivalent to 2. Write the equation of a ...
- Alegbra/ Chemistry - Q (ft3/min) : 3.9, 7.9, 11.8, 15.7, 19.6, 23.6, 27.5, 31.4...
- math 20 system of equations - I have been solving system of equations ...
- i need to make my own proverb - for english class i have to come up with my own ...
- math help - can someone give me an example of what they mean about this problem...
- maath 116 - 3. The linear equation represents an estimate of the average cost of...
- equations - The linear equation y=0.15x + 0.79 represents an estimate of the ...