Posted by Sabrina on Friday, September 24, 2010 at 6:07pm.
I posted a few questions and then went back and posted how I thought they were supposed to be answered. Could someone please locate my earlier questions and tell me if I am on the right track?
Math HELP! - Reiny, Friday, September 24, 2010 at 6:25pm
I answered some of them
click on your name above and you will see your posts
Math HELP! - Sabrina, Friday, September 24, 2010 at 6:41pm
Thank you Reiny so much for you help. Can you tell me if I am on the right track with this problem: 4c^2/4c^2-8c+4 x 4c-4/2c When solving this am I supposed to find the gcf or lcm to solve> would the lcm be 2 and the gcf be 16? I don't know if I am even going down the right road here?
Math HELP! - Reiny, Friday, September 24, 2010 at 7:11pm
Use brackets to show when the denominator ends
I think you meant
4c^2/(4c^2-8c+4)( 4c-4)/2c , which is
= 4c^2/(4(c^2 - 2c + 1)(4)(c-1)/(2c)
= 4c^2/(4(c- 1)^2(4)(c-1)/(2c)
now things cancel rather nicely
2c/(c-1) , c ≠ 1,0
Math HELP! - Sabrina, Friday, September 24, 2010 at 7:35pm
THANKS!!!!!! Just one question, when I follow these steps and get to the result is it both 2c/(c-1), c‚ 10 or am I reading my problem wrong and the answer is just c‚ 10
Math HELP! - Reiny, Friday, September 24, 2010 at 9:38pm
The final answer is
the part after it is the restriction.
you are reading it wrong, it does not have 10 in it.
it says, c cannot be equal to 1 or c cannot be equal to 0
Since we cannot divide by zero, those values would make the denominators we canceled equal to zero.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- To-Ms. Writeacher - I posted 2 questions under Law. Margie answered them. Can ...
- math 140 - I have two questions posted that has not been answered please help. ...
- To Fay1985 - math - Your post was removed. Please tell us your thinking on the ...
- Jiskha - I typed several questions and answers regarding the subject of ...
- help? - the last few times I've posted questions no one has answered them...I'm ...
- Beginning Spanish-SraJMcGin - I am sorry I posted this a few moments ago with ...
- to Katie A A - #1 - The school subject is MATH, not "help" -- I've never heard ...
- Algebra - I posted this earlier but it didn't get answered. So I'm posting it ...
- physics - Tarzan wights 820N, swings from a cliff at the end of a 20m vine that ...
- chemistry - Which of the following is true of the solubility product constant? A...