posted by Leslie on .
1. In the 30 day month of April, for every three days it rained, there were two days it did not rain. The number of days in April on which it rained was how much greater than the number of days on which it did not rain?
2. Each terms of a certain sequence is greater than the term befor it. The difference between any two consecutive terms in the same sequence is always the same number. If the third and sixth terms of the sequence are 17 and 77, respectively, what is the 8th term?
3. |x-3|= 1/2
What is the least value of x that satisfies the equation above?
4. A four digit integer, WXYZ, in which W, X, Y, and Z each represent a different digit, is formed according to the following rules.
A. X= W+Y+Z
B. W= Y+1
C. Z= W-5
What is the four digit integer?
How much greater is 3 than 2? 50Percent greater.
17,17+n, 17+2n, 17+3n
3. c can be 3.5, 2.5.
4. well, X>2 assuming w,y,or z is zero.
but W =1 of y=0
if z is zero, W=5, but in any case, W=>5
Try W=5, that makes y=4, and z=0, and X=9
1) 2 out of 5 days it rained. 5 goes into 30 6 times, sooo, multiple 6 by 2, and you get 12 days it did not rain in April.
Apply that same concept to the 3 out of 5 days it does rain...you get 18 days it DID rain, so the answer would be 18 (days it rained) subtract 12 (days it didn't rain). Answer is it rained 6 more days than the amount of days it didn't rain