Posted by mysterychicken on Friday, September 24, 2010 at 12:37pm.
'Consider both sides of an issue that has been debated in recent years: Should organized prayer be allowed in public schools? List 3 reasons why it should be and 3 reasons why it should not. Then decide which position you favor.'
3 reasons it shouldn’t be allowed:
-Class gets interrupted.
-Students who don’t follow a certain religion might feel uncomfortable.
-Not every faith follows the same form of prayer; some might require students to be in a separate room, etc.
3 reasons it should be allowed:
-It gives people the feeling of religious freedom
(I need 2 more reasons for why it should be allowed) Also, I'm for it not being allowed.
US History - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 24, 2010 at 12:47pm
US History - mysterychicken, Friday, September 24, 2010 at 12:49pm
Thanks so much! :D
US History - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 24, 2010 at 1:05pm
In your arguments against, be sure to include the Constitutional demand that government make no law establishing a religion.
US History - mysterychicken, Friday, September 24, 2010 at 1:11pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- US History - 'Consider both sides of an issue that has been debated in recent ...
- Informal Logic - Consider a debate over whether prayer should be allowed in ...
- Science - I think genectic engineering should be allowed, but i can't think of a...
- Socials - Imagine that you are one of the spinners who protests the invention of...
- Literature - This essay should have 5 paragraphs. In the 1st paragraph it must ...
- English - Should fragrances be allowed in schools? I need 3-4 reasons for no. ...
- Literature - Write an essay on "Do You Agree with Capital Punishment? This essay...
- social studies - Logic can do a great deal in helping us understand our ...
- American History - 11. Which of the following is true of the Supreme Court's ...
- history - Which of the following is true of the Supreme Court's decision in ...