Posted by Angela on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 7:49pm.
What are the concepts of assertive communication? What are the benefits of being an assertive nurse?
The only thing I can come up with is that being an assertive nurse would allow you to stand up to a physician or authority when you feel they have done something wrong and have the confidence that you are right. What else is a benefit?
communication - bobpursley, Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 7:51pm
I think you have missed the entire concept of assertive communication.
You need to reread your text on this.
communication - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 7:55pm
Being assertive does not always mean confronting someone you think is wrong.
Being assertive means convincing the patient that he needs the shot, medication, treatment, etc.
Being assertive means asking the doctor if the order he gave is correct.
Being assertive means asking the patient's visitors to leave when you think he's too tired.
Being assertive means quietly explaining to a coworker why you can't take her shift tomorrow.
Read the site posted by Bobpursley, and go back and read your text materials.
communication - Angela, Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 7:58pm
My text gives the definition of confidently aggresive, self assured, and the ability to recognize our rights and responsibilities while still respecting the rights of others so now im totally confused.
communication - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 8:03pm
I disagree with your text about being "aggressive." Seldom does aggressiveness accomplish much. I think the rest is correct.
Now, put together what Bob and I told you along with the website and your text.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- COMM 100 - Assertive speakers tell their listeners what they mean and what they ...
- Health Care - Does physician centered communication attributes to assertive ...
- communication "english" - Does all the assertive aggressive and passive ...
- communication "english" - when using an assertive technique is it mainly ...
- English - are they assertive,non assertive, or aggressive? You never return my ...
- English - Can some one please tell me if these are assertive,non-assertive,or ...
- discipline - When Pat talks during math instruction, Mrs. Miller puts Pat's name...
- HealthCareAdministration 230 - In health care, there are various physician-...
- Assertive Communication - Roleplay assignment. Using the scenarios provided or ...
- Health (Ms. Sue) - Create an action plan to help someone who is being bullied. A...