posted by Franco on .
Can you please tell me if the following sentences are possible?
I really don't know how to say it in English. Thank you.
1) I do the shopping at the market every Saturday. (Should I consider it a mistake if the sentence started with "every Saturday"?)
2) I'm tanned because I spent a week at the seaside.
3) When I was young,I used to pimples on my face. Now I'm starting having wrinkles on my forehead.
3) I stayed at the seaside for a week/I spent a week at the seaside./I was at the seaside for my holidays (are they all possible?)
4) I became a member of the local football club last June. I'm a mid-fielder.
5) I like riding my bike/cycling/car-racing (are they all possible)
6) I took out a membership (or I became a member of ) to the local swimming pool. OR I bought a membership card to use the swimming pool for a month.
7) When you join a football club, you are given a membership card.
8) I enrolled in a ballet course.
9) During my summer holidays I relaxed a lot. (?)
1 and 2 are correct. You could start the sentence with "every Saturday."
3. I used to have pimples . . .
4. All are good.
5. I like riding my bike. I like cycling. I like car-racing.
The rest of the sentences are fine.