Posted by Franco on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 10:06am.
I really need to have these sentences checked for tomorrow. Thank you very much in advance.
Comprehension test on the abridged edition of Conrad’s “Heart of Darkness”
Answer briefly the following questions
1.What was the first company trading post like?
2.Why did the company accountant stand out from the others?
3.Who first mentioned Kurtz to Marlow (for the first time)?
4.How did Marlow reach the central station?
5.What happened to Marlow when he was about fifty miles from the inner station?
6.Why was the helmsman forced to drop the wheel?
7.What was the first person they met after being attacked?
8.How was he dressed?
9.What did the Russian think of Kurtz?
10.What did Kurtz struggle against when dying? He struggled against the madness of his soul which recognized no limits and no faith in anything.
11.What did the Russian think of the skulls Kurtz used as ornaments to decorate his house?
- English - PsyDAG, Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 10:19am
All fine except 10.
"... his soul, which...."
- English - Anonymous, Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 9:32pm
48. The Omega pharmaceutical firm has five salespersons, whom the firm wants to assign to five sales
regions. Given their various previous contacts, the salespersons are able to cover the regions in different
amounts of time. The amount of time (days) required by each salesperson to cover each city
is shown in the following table:
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Thank you very much. Is it wrong to say "go out of the school?" I also...
- English - How can I distinguish in writing the title of a collection of a poem ...
- English - Could you please check these sentences for me? Can you help me express...
- English - Can you please answer my last questions. I need them for tomorrow. ...
- English - Can you please check if the following questions I need to prepare for ...
- English - Thank you for your last corrections! Can you please check the ...
- AP English - I need 3 character traits then supporting ideas with page numbers ...
- English - Thank you very much, Writeacher. Can you also suggest to me short ...
- English - I have some doubts concerning a few sentences. I really hope you can ...
- English - Can you help me check these sentences, please? Thank you very much for...