Posted by Anonymous on Monday, September 20, 2010 at 9:21pm.
My question says:
Find the exact alue of x for which (4^x)*(5^[4x+3])=(10^[2x+3])
I can't seem to come to a solution.
We're reviewing last year's lessons, so change of base and logarithmic expressions are what we're going over right now.
Here's what I've done so far:
log both sides
Have I started correctly? Where do I go from here? Please be detailed, I want to understand this.
Math - MathMate, Monday, September 20, 2010 at 9:36pm
Proceed and solve for x in terms of ln.
I get x=ln(8)/ln(25).
Math - Anonymous, Monday, September 20, 2010 at 9:41pm
How do I proceed? I really have no clue where to go from where I've stopped! Usually I can simply factor out an x from the LS, but here I can't do that. Could you please show me your solution with every step? It would be so helpful.
Thank you in advance :)
Math - MathMate, Monday, September 20, 2010 at 9:51pm
It is a linear equation with numerical coefficients (log4, etc.).
xlog4 + 4xlog5 - 2x = 3 -3log5
Factor out x on the LHS and solve for x.
All the log4, log5 are numerical values that you can simplify eventually.
Math - Anonymous, Monday, September 20, 2010 at 10:02pm
Sorry to keep bugging, but I followed what you told me and got to:
How can I get to the answer from that? I don't know how to deal with the 3 and the -2 that are still lying around.
Math - Anonymous, Monday, September 20, 2010 at 10:09pm
Alright, what I did now was:
since log10=1, log100=2, and log1000=3
So I plugged that in to what I had
Is that what I was supposed to do?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- pre-calculus - solve the logarithmic equation. be sure to reject any value of x ...
- math 116 - I am taking math 116 , I am to find the solution to the problem 9x-3y...
- Algebra - Solve the logarithmic equation. Be sure to reject any value of x that ...
- calculus - solve the logarithmic equation. be sure to reject any value of x that...
- Math Logarithmic Question - Solve for all possible values of x within the domain...
- English - Can you help me determine if I chose the correct/incorrect sentences ...
- English - Anyone read my story and tell me any of the linking verbs? I cant have...
- pre-calculus - solve the following logarithmic equation. be sure to reject any ...
- adv functions - Hi! I need help with determining the value of each of the ...
- phycology - Which one of the following instances is an example of qualitative ...