Posted by andrea on Monday, September 20, 2010 at 7:58pm.
The two angled ropes used to support the crate in the figure below an withstand a maximum tension of 1300 N before they break. The left angle is 30dregres, and the right angle is 45degrees. What is the largest mass the ropes can support? m=?
- physics - bobpursley, Monday, September 20, 2010 at 8:19pm
look at the horizonal (I assume the angles are measured to the horizontal).
and the vertical..
so solve for Tleft in the first equation:
solve for Tr. Put that in the equation for tleft. Then set it equal , 1300N
thensolve for mass.
- physics - andrea, Monday, September 20, 2010 at 9:06pm
is the answer 123.79 kg? or Newtons? thank you for the help
- physics - Don, Saturday, October 23, 2010 at 9:55am
it should be in kg.
- physics - Anonymous, Friday, October 17, 2014 at 1:26am
..... isnt it Trcos45-Tleftcos30= 0
Tr = Tleftcos30/cos45?
- physics - Selena, Saturday, October 25, 2014 at 1:56pm
- physics - Henry, Friday, July 10, 2015 at 10:00pm
T1*sin(180-30) + T2*sin30=-Mg*sin270.
1300*sin150 + 1300*sin30 = -Mg*sin270
650 + 650 = Mg.
Mg = 1300 N.
M = 1300/9.8 = 132.7 kg.
- physics - Henry, Friday, July 10, 2015 at 10:09pm
T1*sin(180-30) + T2*sin45 = -Mg*sin270.
1300*sin150 + 1300*sin45 = Mg.
650 + 919.2 = Mg.
Mg = 1569.2 N.
M = 1569.2/9.8 = 160 Kg.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - The two angled ropes used to support the crate in Figure P5.7 can ...
- Physics - The two angled ropes used to support the crate in (Figure 1) can ...
- physics - A basket weighing 0.3kg is suspended from two ropes which are tied to ...
- Physics - A) A 600 kg steel beam is supported by the two ropes shown in (Figure ...
- physics - A bench seat is attached to a wall by hinges and supported from above ...
- Physics - Please Help! Two ropes hold a 500N weight. Rope A (left) with an angle...
- physics - A person is to be released from rest on a swing pulled away from the ...
- Physics - A crate of mass m = 31 kg rides on the bed of a truck attached by a ...
- Physics - In the figure below the left hand calbe has a tension T1 and makes an ...
- Physics - In the figure below the left-hand cable has a tension T1 and makes an ...