Post a New Question

math

posted by on .

Pretend the program in Senegal had been reducing infant mortality at a rate
of 11 % per year. How long would it take for infant mortality
to be reduced by 35 %? How do I go about solving this problem?

  • math - ,

    when it is reduced by 35%, the remaining not dead is .65 (65%).

    .65=1/(1.11)^t solve for t. How? I would use logs.

    log of each side.
    log.65=-tlog1.11
    t= - (log.65/log1.11) Use your calculator to find the right side.

Answer This Question

First Name:
School Subject:
Answer:

Related Questions

More Related Questions

Post a New Question