Posted by Amy~ on Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 4:57pm.
The question is:
Why could Winthrop's ideal not be achieved?
The paragraph where I have to find the answer:
Winthrop describes an ideal society, which, if the Puritans had been able to achieve it, would have been a reasonable facsimile of paradise on Earth. Being human, they could not sustain their religious fervor, nor live up to the idealized conditions.
Would the answer be the 1st part of the second sentence or the last part "could not live up to the conditions" or both?
- English: Puritans - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 4:59pm
Why not use the entire sentence?
- English: Puritans - Writeacher, Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 5:04pm
I think the key to this is in the words "being human." What do you think?
- English: Puritans - Amy~, Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 5:06pm
So the entire second sentence is the answer?
- English: Puritans - Amy~, Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 5:07pm
For my answer I thought being human and could not substain their religious fervor.
But I wasn't sure about the religious fervor part.
- English: Puritans - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 5:07pm
Amy~ -- Consider what both Writeacher and I posted. Then reread the question.
What do YOU think?
- English: Puritans - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 5:08pm
In order to live in a "paradise," the participants must have religious fervor of some kind.
- English: Puritans - Damon, Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 5:23pm
Unless you live in Lanesville :)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies 7R - Decline of the Puritans During 1700s, the Puritan tradition...
- Socials - The puritans had a long-lasting effect on english society and , to ...
- English - To what people does John Winthrop compare the Puritans in "A Model of ...
- English - In "How to Build a Fire" what is the answer to this question? ...
- American History *URGENT* - so i have some multiple choice questions that i am ...
- social studies - which of these is not like the others 1.John Winthrop 2.James ...
- Socials Studies - The puritans had a long-lasting effect on English society and...
- socials - Posted by Sara on Monday, September 14, 2009 at 8:40pm. The puritans ...
- History - The treaty signed in 1621 by the puritans and the massoasits fair to ...
- the scarlet letter - why, according to nathaniel hawthorne, were there few ...