Posted by Sarie on Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 11:32am.
Could someone please help me with these two questions. I am having trouble.
1. What is the molarity of a solution if 48.0 mL of a 0.220 M solution is required to neutralize a 25.0-mL sample of the solution?
2. The mixing of which pair of reactants will result in a precipitation reaction?
K 2SO4(aq) + Hg2 (NO3)2(aq)
CsI(aq) + NaOH(aq)
HCl(aq) + Ca(OH)2(aq)
NaNO3(aq) + NH4Cl(aq)
- Chemistry - bobpursley, Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 11:50am
1. Hmmmm. Cannot be determined. Assuming one is acid and one is base, the immediate question is that a mole does not neutralize a mole: one could be di or tri protic. You have to have a balanced equation. Frankly, I like to work with Normal solution on these.
2. Look at your solubility rules, for instance: on the first, all potassium compounds are soluble, but not all mercury: is Mercury(II)sulfate soluble?
Memorize those rules, millions before you have done the same.
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 12:41pm
Ok, great! Thank you.
Sorry about question 1, I left out the full question. This is it:
What is the molarity of a NaOH solution if 48.0 mL of a 0.220 M H2SO4 solution is required to neutralize a 25.0-mL sample of NaOH solution?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 3:17pm
2NaOH + H2SO4 --> Na2SO4 + H2O
moles H2SO4 = M x L
moles NaOH = 2x moles H2SO4
Molarity NaOH = moles NaOH/L NaOH.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chem - 1. What is the molarity of a copper(II) dihydroxide [Cu(OH)2] solution if...
- chemistry - 220 ml of an HCl solution that is 31.4% by mass is required to ...
- chemistry help asap - Please check these thanks. 1. In a titration, 33.21 mL 0....
- Chemistry please help! - Please help. I have no idea how to do these 4 homework ...
- Chemistry - determine the approximate molarity of a solution of NaOH prepared by...
- chemistry - if 36.23mL of a standard 0.1959M NaOh solution is required to ...
- chemistry - In a titration experiment, 22.00mL of a NaOH solution are required ...
- chemistry - 1. if 15.0mL of 4.5 M NaOH are diluted with water to a volume of ...
- Chemistry - I'm having trouble with molarity. What is the molarity of a KCl ...
- chemistry(Urgent Please help) - A student is asked to standardize a solution of ...