Posted by Edith on Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 11:55pm.
1. Research conducted by Luthans supports the belief that promotions are base on performance. True or false
2. Tenure is negatively related to turnover. True or False.
3. Age and avoidable absences are negatively related. True or False.
4. Which of the following is not a type of discrimination?
A. Sexual harassment.
5. At the individual level, satisfaction general leads to productivity. True or False
6. Member of which of the following groups are least likely to turn over in a job.
A. Women in a predominantly male work group.
B. Non-whites in a predominantly non-white work group.
C. Men in a predominantly female work group.
D. Non-white in a predominantly white work group.
E. Whites in a predominantly non-white work group.
7. Which of the following is the major challenge to managers in a fully networked organization?
A. eliminating the need for paper communication by relying entirely on email, file transfer and the like.
B. retaining team members who easily move to another employer when demand for their services changes.
C. managing contract and temporary workers.
D. maintaining a "virtual office" through the use of computers, interoffice networks and the Internet.
E. managing people who work together but are geographically separated.
8. Cameron loves her job as a data programmer, but her co-worker Blake, is very challenging. Blake often loses his temper over aspects of shared projects that neither of them can control. When discussing projects in Cameronís work station, Blake plays with her office supplies, rearranges her desk, and leaves snack and food crumbs. Worst of all, Blake always takes the portion of a project that is the easiest, leaving Cameron to work harder and longer hours.
Which of the following is not an effective method for handling Cameronís problems with Blake?
A. Cameron should invite Blake to lunch and directly confront him with her feelings.
B. Cameron should invite Blake to coffee to clarify if there are any misunderstandings.
C. Cameron should simply ignore Blake and his behavior
D. Cameron should make a point of going to Blakeís work station and leaving a mess
E. Cameron should ask a manager to help divide the work load for the next project
9. Jo is a courier, delivering parcels throughout the metropolitan area. Although she considers herself law abiding, she often breaks the speed limit while making her deliveries. Which of the following statements does not reflect a likely response to conflict between her attitude and her behavior?
A. ďItís not a problem that I speed a little bit; itís not much over the limit, and everyone else speeds some.Ē
B. ďThe speed limits are just low around here; anyone driving at a reasonable speed will break them.Ē
C. ďThis speeding is irresponsible. From now on I am observing the speed limits.Ē
D. ďIíve got to drive fast sometimes, otherwise I will not make all my deliveries and Iíll lose clients.
E. ďItís wrong to break even minor laws, but Iíll probably keep speeding anyway.
- Organizational Behavior - SraJMcGin, Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 10:09am
You may find some helpful links here:
- Organizational Behavior - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 12:04pm
Which of the following is not a type of discrimination?
A) sexual harassment
- Organizational Behavior - z, Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 4:10pm
Answer this Question
Orgaiornizational Behav - Research conducted by Luthans supports the belief that...
Organizational Behavior - Questions 1. Research conducted by Luthans supports ...
7th grade health true or false - 11. Disagreements are a normal part of life. (1...
Physical Ed - 11. Disagreements are a normal part of life. (1 point) True False ...
grammar - Can you plese tell if the follong questions are true or false (...
Chemistry: Answer check please! - 1. Reactions follow the law of conservation of...
health! - True or False. Washing your hands can help protect you from dangerous ...
Reading - can you help me thank you: 2.Detecting bias is one of the major keys ...
English - Leonardo da Vinci believed in soper vedere, or the power of ...
English - 1.) Anyone can publish information on the Internet without fact-...