Posted by Shannon on Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 9:04pm.
Solve by the elimination method:
0.4x+0.5y= -29/19 (fraction)??
Please Help I do not understand Algebra!!
- algebra - Ted, Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 9:32pm
to solve this equation by elimination method, you need to make sure that the number in each one of the equation is the same.
you have to pick a no that will fit.
you then cross out the no that is the same and what you have let is:
then you subtract the remaining equation, so it will be:
the answer you get will be divided by 2.3y and that is how you get the value of y
after you get the value of y, you substitute the value of y into one of the equation that was not multiplied by any no, which is the original equation, then you get the value of x .and yeah that's all. i hope this was helpful
- algebra - Anonymous, Monday, October 11, 2010 at 9:13am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Solving system of linear equations by using the apropiate method name ...
- math elimination method - elimination method really confuses me. solve by ...
- Algebra - Solve by elimination method. 7r-3s=14 3r+7s=64 Could never figure out ...
- Algebra/Elimination method - Solve using the elimination method. If the system ...
- Algebra 1 - bobpursey, In this problem you helped me with earlier: Solve using ...
- Algebra II - How do you solve the linear equations x+y=5 3x-y=3 by use of the ...
- algebra - Please help solve with elimination method. -6x+6y=18 7x+5y=-9
- algebra - 7r-3s=18 3r+7s=16 Solve by the elimination method, please.
- algebra - solve by the elimination method 3x+4y=3 6x+8y=6 help please
- algebra - I need help! Solve by the elimination method: 7r-9s=-12 9r+7s=96 When ...