Posted by Franco on .
This time I included only the sentences I wasn' sure of.
1)When describing one's family, are all these alternatives possible?
My family consists of/ is made up of/is composed of/is formed by three people: my father, my mother and I (or me?). In my family there are three people.
2) I'm in charge of feeding my dog.
3) In August I went to the annual village festival. A cattle fair was held for the occasion where farmers took their animals.
4) I helped waiting at table.
5) I went to a holiday club in Sicily.
The hotel club's entertainers staged a different performance every evening. We were invited to take part in it, too.I regretted coming back home.
6) I attend (or go to) a high school with an emphasis on science (or scientific lyceum??). I'm in the second year now. /I'm attending the second class at the moment.
7)I chose this course of study because I'm more interested in scientific subjects than in humanities (OR arts Or liberal studies??)
1. and I.
4. or waiting on tables
Any of the other possibilities are good.