Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 5:38pm.
Hey can anybody please help me with this? Im stuck? I got the first part right, but I don't really know. Ok here's the problem:
Annie kept track of the cars she saw on the highway? She saw twice as many Toyotas as Skyalks. The number of Pintos was eight less than the number of Toyotas. There were four times as many grand arms as Pintos. Maria counted 24 Grand Arms. How many cars did she see on the highway?
- Math - Henry, Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 6:20pm
(2X - 8) Pintos
4(2X - 8) Grand Ams = 24
4(2X - 8) = 24
8X -32 = 24
8X = 24 + 32 = 56
X = 7 Skyalks
2X = 2 * 7 = 14 Toyotas
2X - 8 = 2 * 7 - 8 = 6 Pintos
Total = 7 + 14 + 6 + 24 = 49 cars.
- Math - rachel, Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 6:24pm
number of cars
skywalks = x
toyotas = 2x
pintos = 2x-8
grand arms = 4(2x-8) = 24
solve for the x using the grand arms equation above...
substitute x to the equations to get the number of cars per type of car..
add all the cars from each type..
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Every day for 11 days, Tylia saw 23 sport cars pass her bedroom window. ...
- English - Who did the hippo see first? 1. He first saw the bird. 2. First he saw...
- Math - During the month of June, Ava kept track of the number of days she saw ...
- maths - number of films seen by a group of people during the past year No of ...
- English - 1..He (saw, seen) dozens of beautiful yellow roses. 2. He (saw, seen) ...
- language - i did a tercet poem. can you please tell me if its a good poem please...
- Math - Julia saw 5 times as many cars as trucks in parking. If she saw 30 total ...
- English - I saw many animals such as koalas, a dingo, kiwis, cuscuses, kangaroos...
- English - Can you please check if the following sentences are possible? Thank ...
- math - On Friday, Lewis saw a certain number of hummingbirds, h. On Saturday, He...