Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 5:38pm.
Hey can anybody please help me with this? Im stuck? I got the first part right, but I don't really know. Ok here's the problem:
Annie kept track of the cars she saw on the highway? She saw twice as many Toyotas as Skyalks. The number of Pintos was eight less than the number of Toyotas. There were four times as many grand arms as Pintos. Maria counted 24 Grand Arms. How many cars did she see on the highway?
- Math - Henry, Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 6:20pm
(2X - 8) Pintos
4(2X - 8) Grand Ams = 24
4(2X - 8) = 24
8X -32 = 24
8X = 24 + 32 = 56
X = 7 Skyalks
2X = 2 * 7 = 14 Toyotas
2X - 8 = 2 * 7 - 8 = 6 Pintos
Total = 7 + 14 + 6 + 24 = 49 cars.
- Math - rachel, Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 6:24pm
number of cars
skywalks = x
toyotas = 2x
pintos = 2x-8
grand arms = 4(2x-8) = 24
solve for the x using the grand arms equation above...
substitute x to the equations to get the number of cars per type of car..
add all the cars from each type..
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A circular track has several concentric rings where people can run at ...
- Physics - Ok the problem I'm doing has two parts I know how to do part a and got...
- Subtracting real numbers - I always get stuck because I never know where to ...
- Physics/math - Here is the problem A typical atom has a diameter of about 1.0 X ...
- science - One of Darren's model cars keeps rolling off its track. The other cars...
- Math - During the month of June, Ava kept track of the number of days she saw ...
- math - Hey please help me with this word problem! IN 5 DAYS MIKE'S GAS STATION ...
- Math - How would you solve a problem like this with logarithims? I tried to ...
- Math - I need to change this expression to postfix form. (12*A^2-2*A+31)/(4*A+6...
- Math - Every day for 11 days, Tylia saw 23 sport cars pass her bedroom window. ...