Posted by Sheila on Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 4:39pm.
A square is folded in half to form a rectangle. If the resulting rectangle has a perimeter of 15 inches,what is the are of the original square?HELP...please?
Math - Anonymous, Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 4:43pm
Math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 4:44pm
With a little trial and error, I figured that the dimensions of the rectangle are 2.5 by 5
That means that the original square has 5 inches on each side.
Take it from there.
Math - CeCe 4gr, Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 5:06pm
15x4=60 or 15x5=75.
I'm not sure?
Math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 5:09pm
CeCe -- please do not post answers when you don't know! You're just confusing other students.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A square piece of cloth is folded in half to form a rectangle. If the ...
- MATH - When a certain rectangle is folded in half, it forms two squares. If the ...
- math - When a square piece of paper is folded in half vertically, the resulting ...
- 2nd grade math - If you have a rectangle with 24 square units 3 lines down 8 ...
- Math - A square piece of paper is folded in half to make a rectangle. The ...
- math - the area of a rectangle is 100 square inches. the perimeter of the ...
- math - Perimeter of rectangle and a square are equal. Perimeter of the square is...
- grade 3 math - 1) what is the greates perimeter of a rectangle with an area of ...
- math - the area of a rectangle is 100 square inches.the perimeter of the ...
- basic geometry - A rectangle has width the same asa a side of a square whose ...