Posted by APpreciative student on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:25pm.
is the limit as x approaches 0 of sin3x over 3x equal to zero?
basically this is my problem:
lim [sin 3x / 4x)
~~~~I multiplied& eventually got to
.75* lim (sin 3x / 3x)
~so i figured since (lim (sinx/x)
was equal to zero, then
lim (sin3x/ 3x) also equaled 0
is that right? thank you !!!
(all of the x-> 0 should be under the "lim" -- just in case the text shifts...)
- calc bc (condensed - TutorCat, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:27pm
- calc bc (condensed - Reiny, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:40pm
your preliminary steps are correct
lim sin3x/(4x) as x--> 0
= lim (3/4)(sin3x/(3x))
lim sinx/x = 1 not zero
- calc bc (condensed - Reiny, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:47pm
Here is a simple way to check your limit answers if you have a calculator
pick a value very "close" to your approach value, in this case I would pick x = .001
evaluate using that value, (you are not yet dividing by zero, but close)
for your question I got .749998875, close to 3/4 I would say.
PS. Make sure your calculator is set to Radians
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calculus - using the squeeze theorem, find the limit as x->0 of x*e^[8sin(1/x...
- Calculus - yes! tnk u ok? It's actually (x->0.) Find the limit of cot(x)-csc(...
- Calc Limits - lim (1+x)^1/x. Give an exact answer. x->0 This reads: The ...
- Calculus - Let f be a function defined for all real numbers. Which of the ...
- Calc - I have a test soon.. and I really need to know how to do this problem.. ...
- calculus-limits?? - i keep on doing something wrong on this problem,i guess im ...
- calc bc - is the limit as x approaches 0 of sin3x over 3x equal to zero? thank ...
- calc - need to find: lim as x -> 0 of 4(e^2x - 1) / (e^x -1) Try splitting ...
- Calculus..more help! - I have a question relating to limits that I solved lim(x...
- Calculus - Can you please help me get the solution to this limit without using ...