Posted by APpreciative student on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:25pm.
is the limit as x approaches 0 of sin3x over 3x equal to zero?
basically this is my problem:
lim [sin 3x / 4x)
~~~~I multiplied& eventually got to
.75* lim (sin 3x / 3x)
~so i figured since (lim (sinx/x)
was equal to zero, then
lim (sin3x/ 3x) also equaled 0
is that right? thank you !!!
(all of the x-> 0 should be under the "lim" -- just in case the text shifts...)
- calc bc (condensed - TutorCat, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:27pm
- calc bc (condensed - Reiny, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:40pm
your preliminary steps are correct
lim sin3x/(4x) as x--> 0
= lim (3/4)(sin3x/(3x))
lim sinx/x = 1 not zero
- calc bc (condensed - Reiny, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:47pm
Here is a simple way to check your limit answers if you have a calculator
pick a value very "close" to your approach value, in this case I would pick x = .001
evaluate using that value, (you are not yet dividing by zero, but close)
for your question I got .749998875, close to 3/4 I would say.
PS. Make sure your calculator is set to Radians
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- calc bc - is the limit as x approaches 0 of sin3x over 3x equal to zero? thank ...
- Calc Limits - lim (1+x)^1/x. Give an exact answer. x->0 This reads: The ...
- Math - I've got quite a few problems. Please answer any of them in whole or in ...
- Calc - I have a test soon.. and I really need to know how to do this problem.. ...
- calc - Use LíHopitalís rule to find the limit of this sequence (n^100)/(e^n) ......
- limits - what is the derivative of e^(3*ln(x^2)) i keep getting 6/x * e^(3*ln(x^...
- math - thanks for the explanation of limit, but i want someone to help check out...
- Calculus - yes! tnk u ok? It's actually (x->0.) Find the limit of cot(x)-csc(...
- Calculus - Note that pi lim arctan(x ) = ---- x -> +oo 2 Now evaluate / pi \ ...
- Calculus - How can I find the horizontal asymptote of: y=e^x/(2e^x+5) i know you...