Posted by Preston on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 9:25pm.
Determine the equations of the following
(a) having slope ¡1 and passing through (0; 2)
(b) parallel to y=2x-1 and passing through (¡2; 0)
(c) passing through (1; 0) and (¡1; 3)
(d) with x-intercept 6 and y-intercept 3.
Calculus - Preston, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 9:59pm
I have no clue where to begin.
Calculus - TutorCat, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:13pm
where m=slope and b=y-intercept
(a)m=1, x1=0, y1=2
(b)since it's parallel, we know that the slopes are equal; m=2
(d)since x-intercept is equal to 6, we know (6, 0). since y-intercept is equal to 3, we know (0,3).
Find the slope: m=(y1-y2)/(x1-x2)
Plug into slope and one of the two coordinates: y-y1=m(x-x1)+b
Calculus - Preston, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:22pm
Thanks so much helps a lot.
Calculus - MathMate, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:47pm
Preston, check if the slope shouldn't be
"(a) having slope ¡1 and passing through (0; 2) "
Your computer seems to have a problem getting the negative sign.
Calculus - Preston, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 11:00pm
yea it is having trouble. thanks again. i am just stuck on my other one now
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Can someone check my answers? 1. Write the equation of the line that ...
- Calculus - Determine the equation of the line described by the given information...
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- Pre- Algebra - Given an equation of a line, how do I find equations for lines ...
- Algebra - I'm suppose to write an equation with the following information: Line ...
- algbra - Graph the following equations; calculate the slope, x-intercept, and y-...
- Math -Quadratics Help! - I have a test tomorrow with a few sample questions that...
- Math - Quadratics & Analytical Geometry - I have a test tomorrow with a few ...
- Algebra - I have an assignment that asks me to write an equation in slope-...
- Pre-Calculus Questions - Hi! Can someone help me with these? Thanks! 1.) ...