Posted by sarabeth on Monday, September 13, 2010 at 11:45pm.
4 x^3 - 4x^2 - 11x + 6 = 0
Need to solve the equation algebraically
cubic equation solving - drwls, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 12:08am
IF there is a rational real root, it is q/p, where p and q are integer factors of the x^3 term and the constant term. Once you have one root (by trial and error), the others can be obtained by solving the quadratic you get by factoring out the first root.
In your case, one of the roots is 2. Divide the cubic by x-2 to get the quadratic that will get you the other two roots.
If you are lazy like me and want to peek at the answers, use:
11th grade - jordan, Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 6:35pm
Angle QRS is a straight angle. If a=2c, c=2b, and b=d/3, what are the values of a,b,c,and d? a+b+c+d = 180
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra PLZ HELP!!! - y= 9/11x-17 9x-10y=179 You need to use parentheses to tell...
- college algebra - Solve the inequality algebraically 11x-3¡Ý-4x^2
- college algebra - solve the inequality algebraically 11x-3 is greater than or ...
- 11th Grade Algebra 2 - Not asking for answers- just some explanations- can ...
- 11th grade - solve the equation c^2+6c=55 Do you do it the same way
- 11th grade - solve a perfect square trinomial equation. (4x+1)(x+4)=49
- 11th grade - The students of litchfield High school are in grades 9,10,11,12. Of...
- algebra - 1)Solve by factoring:5x^2=4-19x answer=-4,1/5 2)Which quadratic ...
- Equation - Can anyone check this answer for me, simultaneous equation. Where y...
- Algebra - I am stuck, pleas help, i have the example but I am still not able to ...