Posted by billy on Monday, September 13, 2010 at 10:47pm.
the vapor pressure of pure water at 25C is 23.8 torr. determine the vapor pressure (torr) of water at 25 C above a solution prepared by dissolving 35g of urea (a nonvolatile, non-electrolyte, MW = 60.0G/MOL) IN 76G of water.
i just want to know the steps bc im confused... help?
chemistry - vapor pressure - DrBob222, Monday, September 13, 2010 at 11:06pm
Step 1. Determine mole fraction water.
a. moles urea = grams/molar mass = 35/60 = 0.583
b. moles H2O = 76/18 = 4.222
c. total moles = 4.805
d. XH2O = 4.222/4.805 = ??
Psoln = Xsolvent*Posolvent
where Po = normal vapor pressure of the solvent.
chemistry - vapor pressure - Anonymous, Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 6:40am
chemistry - vapor pressure - سارا, Saturday, November 15, 2014 at 12:55pm
How many grams of sucrose Akerla (molar mass -342 g / mol) must be added to 450 grams of water (molar mass 18.0 g / mol) to change the vapor pressure to 745 mm Hg at 100
chemistry - vapor pressure - Anonymous, Friday, January 27, 2017 at 12:55am
a) What is the composition in mole fractions of a solution of benzene and toluene that has a vapor pressure of 35 torr at 20 °C? Assume the mixture forms an ideal solution. The vapor pressure of benzene (C6H6) is 75 torr and the vapor pressure of toluene (C7H8) is 22 torr at 20 °C.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- About Chemistry - The vapor pressure of pure water at 25 °C is 23.8 torr. ...
- CHEM - The vapor pressure of pure water at 25 °C is 23.8 torr. Determine the ...
- chemistry - A solution is made by dissolving 22.9 g urea (), a nonelectrolyte, ...
- vapor and osmotic pressure - A solution of the sugar mannitol ( molar mass 182.2...
- Chemistry: Raoult's Law - If 0.380 mol of a nonvolatile nonelectrolyte are ...
- Physical Chemistry HELP!!!!! - A solution of the sugar mannitol ( molar mass 182...
- chemistry - At 29.6 degrees C, pure water has a vapor pressure of 31.1 torr. A ...
- Chemistry - A solution is made by dissolving 26.7 g urea, a nonelectrolyte, in ...
- Mole fraction of a vapor pressure? - If 0.380 mol of a nonvolatile ...
- Chemistry - A solution of NaCl in water has a vapor pressure of 18.1 torr at 25 ...