Posted by Jared on Monday, September 13, 2010 at 7:11pm.
Identify all asymptotes.
1. y= 1 / 2-√x^2 - 3x
the asymptotes I got were:
vertical: 1 & 4
Is this it or are there more?
2. y= x^3-2x / x^2 + 1
I believe there are no asymptotes? Is this correct?
Math - asymptotes - Reiny, Monday, September 13, 2010 at 7:54pm
You have vertical asymptotes when the denominator is zero
your values of x=1 and x=4 do not result in a zero denominator.
I have a feeling that your function is
y = 1/(2 - √(x^2-3x))
in that case the denominator is zero when x = 4 or x = -1
so your vertical asymptotes are
x = 4 and x = -1
(your horizontal is y = 0)
2. Again, I think your meant your function to b
y = (x^3 - 2x)/(x^2 + 1)
Math - asymptotes - Amie, Monday, September 13, 2010 at 8:11pm
yes, those are what i meant..sorry about the notation
Math - asymptotes - Reiny, Monday, September 13, 2010 at 8:22pm
PLease don't switch names.
for y = (x^3 - 2x)/(x^2 + 1)
there is no vertical or horizontal asymptote.
but when you divide it you get
y = x - 3x/(x^2+1)
so there is a "slanted" asymptote of y = x
math - maria, Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 8:18pm
The area of a circular trampoline is 112.07 square feet. What is the radius
of the trampoline? Round to the nearest hundredth
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - All rational functions can be expressed as f(x) = p(x)/q(x), where p and ...
- Algebra 2 - Identify all horizontal and vertical asymptotes of the graph of the ...
- Pre-Cal - State the transformations. Identify holes, vertical asymptotes, and ...
- algebra - For each of the rational functions find: a. domain b. holes c. ...
- Geomatry - For each of the rational functions find: a. domain b. holes c. ...
- Calculus - Let f(x)=(4x^2 -7x +2)/(x^2 -16x +63) Find the equations of the ...
- Math - Domain and Asymptotes - Given the following rational function: f(x) = (x^...
- Pre cal - Determine all x-intercepts, vertical asymptotes, horizontal asymptotes...
- trig - I need to state the period and 2 consecutive asymptotes on the graph for ...
- TRIG - I need to state the period and 2 consecutive asymptotes on the graph for ...