Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 9:14pm.
4 1/5 / 5 2/3 = ?
how do I divide 5 2/3 like that
because 2/3 is 66.6 repeating ?
- 8th grade - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 9:20pm
Change both fractions to improper fractions.
4 1/5 = 21/5
5 2/3 = 17/3
(21/5) / (17/3)
21/5 * 3/17= 63/85
- 8th grade - Anonymous, Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 9:21pm
be sure to change your mix fractions into improper fractions
when you divide fractions, you multiply the reciprocal
- 8th grade - Anonymous, Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 9:22pm
Oh thanks Ms Sue. and Anonymous
- 8th grade - Ms. Sue, Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 9:23pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 8th grade math - is 2/3 a fraction that can be renamed as a repeating decimal
- 8th Grade - Me and my friend are making our own 8th grade binder, you know like...
- 8th grade - im in advanced math so i do 8th grade math and i dont understand how...
- 8th grade - (18 - (-4))divide (-11) (-4) + 2
- 7th grade math help please - 12. Which of the following numbers is an example of...
- 8th grade - How do you divide three fourths of a square into 4 parts
- 7th grade math - What is three-eighths written as a decimal? (1 point) 2.3 ...
- Math - Which one of the following is an example of a repeating decimal? A. 0....
- 8th grade math - simplify: 3 to fourth power minus square root of sixty-four ...
- 8th grade math - collect like terms 3a+2a^2+a-a^2