Posted by David on Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 2:59pm.
Which shows the expression below simplified?
(3.6 × 10^15) + (1.8 × 10^12)
a. 3.60018 × 10^15
b. 3.902 × 10^14
c. 3.618 × 10^15
d. 3.6018 × 10^15
- science - bobpursley, Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 3:04pm
To the correct significant digits, none of the answers. For the life of me, I don't understand your teacher on this.
change both to the same power:
3.6E15=3600E12 Now add, or 3601.8E12
However, using scientific notation,
3.6E15 is not 3600E12 because of the zeroes being added. Only significant digits can be displayed in the digits portion.
- science - David, Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 3:23pm
????? Please help
- science - kaylee, Monday, September 13, 2010 at 6:41pm
- science - kim, Monday, September 13, 2010 at 6:42pm
- science - Brett, Friday, August 17, 2012 at 2:48pm
D is the correct answer. Convert to 10^15 and then add. Significant digits for addition key on the decimal point location, so 3.6018 x 10^15 is correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - Which shows the expression below simplified? (3.6 × 10^15) + (1.8 × 10...
- science - Which shows the expression below simplified? (3.6 × 1015) + (1.8 × ...
- Math (Help Please) - 1. Which of the following shows how this expression can ...
- Math PIZZAZZZ - how does a rodeo star get around?? well if you cant give me an ...
- 8th Grade Algebra...HELP! - Where do I add parentheses to make this expression ...
- Algebra 1 - Where do I add parentheses to make this expression equal a 1 when it...
- Math/Fractions - 1.Find the LCD and add the fractions. 1/125+4/50= 11/125, 1/...
- Math - Using the formula r = d/t, where d is the distance in miles, r is the ...
- math 12 - sequences and series - Given the expression Sn = n^2 + 2n for the sume...
- math - Which of the following below shows the expression below in simplest form...