Posted by John T. on Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 1:37pm.
How do you make this into a parrell sentence? Thank you
Palm readers examine lines on the palm, fingers and their lengths, and the prominence of the mounts.
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 3:13pm
Any series (three or more items) needs to have all its parts in the same structure -- all nouns; all adjectives; all nouns with one adjective; all present participles; etc.
Here's what you have:
Palm readers examine lines
on the palm,
fingers and their lengths,
prominence of the mounts
You could say that each of the items in the series includes a noun, they are not parallel. Here's why:
~~on the palm = noun in prepositional phrase
~~fingers and their lengths = 2 nouns, one with a modifier
~~prominence of the mounts = noun with a prepositional phrase (including a 2nd noun) modifying it
How can you re-write this sentence so that all elements of the series are phrased with the same construction?
Read this carefully before you decide:
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 3:14pm
I left an important word out!
" ... includes a noun, but they are not parallel."
Answer this Question
- Physics - The relatively high resistivity of dry skin, about 1x10^6 Ohm m, can ...
- physics - When you hold your hand palm-up, the atmosphere exerts a force of ...
- English - Help! I can't find any information on the origin of the idiom/...
- English - How would you make this sentence into a parrell sentence. One gypsy ...
- word problem 3 - Rosie's Palm Pirates, a manufacturer of electronic organizers, ...
- math - There are 27 bones in each hand. The fingers have 6 more bones than the ...
- Algebra one help, please. - Determine which lines, if any, are parrell or ...
- math - Could you please show me how to work this problem? Each hand in the human...
- Palm Beach State - (-6x^7)5
- govermennt - what district is palm beach?