Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 4:50pm.
Rebecca and Tom Payton have decided to buy a home that costs $200,000. The Paytons can put down 20% of the home's price. They have applied for a 15-year, 9% FRM to finance the balance. They Paytons have a combined gross annual income of $70,000.
I've asked this before, but the answer someone else got wasn't one of the options.
- precal - Ms. Sue, Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 4:56pm
What is your question?
- precal - Anonymous, Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 4:57pm
How much will the Paytons pay to satisfy their mortgage loan, if they make all the payments on time for the amount being financed?
- precal - drwls, Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 4:58pm
You have not asked a question. What are the choices supposed to represent?
- precal - Anonymous, Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 5:00pm
^^ previous post. SORRY.
- precal - drwls, Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 5:09pm
They start the mortgage owing $160,000. For a ball park estimate, they will have an average balance of about 100,000 for 15 years, and will have to pay about 135,000 in interest, plus the principle. That would make a total of 295,000. (c) is the closest to that. There are formulas you could use fr the exact value, but since this is multiple choice, a quick estimate makes more sense.
- precal - Henry, Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 10:27pm
That was a very close estimate!
Using the formula, I calculated:
Pt = 292108.80,
Monthly = 1622.83,
Int = 132108.78.
FORMULA:Pt =(Po*r*t) / (1 - (1 + r)^-t
Pt = Pay-back amt.
Po = Loan amt.
r = Monthly int rate expressed as a decimal.
t = Length of loan(15 years).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- PreCalc - Rebecca and Tom Payton have decided to buy a home that costs $200,000...
- Math - Mr. and Mrs Smith have decided to buy new furniture. They have 2 options...
- real estate finance - Evan is borrowing $130,000 to buy a home priced at $144,...
- Corporate Finance - You can insulate your home for $7,200. You figure you can ...
- math - The table shows the median home prices in Florida. What is the equation ...
- finance - If the average new home costs $ 275,000 today, how much will it cost ...
- Finance - Suppose that you want to purchase a home for $450,000 with a 30 year ...
- math - The price of a home is $215,000. The Bank requires 20% down payment and ...
- Math - Shantle and Kwamie are planning to buy their first home. Although they ...
- Please Help - Suppose that you want to purchase a home for $450,000 with a 30 ...