Posted by Jill on Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 9:35pm.
Hi, I don't seem to understand Stephen King's "Why we crave horror movies"
Give three examples of figurative language (in this case, a metapor) King uses. For each, explain what two things are being compared and state why you think this is an effective comparison?
literary - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 9:38pm
Study these examples of metaphors.
We'll be glad to check the metaphors you find in this King article.
literary - Jill, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 10:04pm
I read this article more than 3 times now and still, I can't find any :S
literary - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 10:15pm
Here's one metaphor. Read the rest of the article to find more.
"He illustrates this point most effectively with the gruesome metaphor, which seems to become central to his argument of the thesis:
'The horror film has become the modern version of the public lynching. (...) The potential lyncher is in all of us (excluding saints, past and present; but then, most saints have been crazy in their own ways), and every now and then, he has to be let loose to scream and roll around in the grass.'"
literary - Jill, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 11:02pm
Thanks, I think I may have found one metaphor here.
"For myself, I like to see the most aggressive of them-Dawn of the Dead, for instance-as lifting a trap door in the civilized forebrain and throwing a basket of raw meat to the hungry alligators swimming around in that subterranean river beneath."
which refers to lennon's song. "...It was Lennon and McCartney who said that all you need is love, and I would agree with that."
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Comp I - why we crave horror movies. King uses several examples involving ...
- Composition - We all Crave Horror Movies essay by Stephen King What does King ...
- English - I need to write a Reading Response to "Why We Crave Horror Movies" by ...
- english - In Stephen King's "Why We Crave Horror Movies?" Why does the author ...
- English - In Stephen King's "Why We Crave Horror Movies?" Why does the author ...
- MLA citation - Which of the following is an example of a secondary source? A. ...
- english - how do i cite Stephen Kings online essay "Why We Crave Horror Movies"
- Honors English : Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" - Explain Dr. King's use of ...
- stephn king - What does King mean in paragraph 4 when he says that horror movies...
- English - Links to find the answer to this? Help?: Discuss the structure used ...