Posted by Jaime on Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 7:10pm.
algebra - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 7:23pm
12x - 9x = 6
3x = 6
x = ?
algebra - PsyDAG, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 7:23pm
12x - 6 = 9x
Subtract 9x from both sides.
3x -6 = 0
3x = 6
I assume you can carry on from there.
algebra - Collin, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 7:25pm
algebra - Mike, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 7:27pm
first step: subtract x-variables to one-side of the equation
second step: divide -3 to the other side to get the value of x
x=2 (final answer)
Lastly, you can check your answer of x=2 by plugging it into the original equation to see if both sides of the equation are equal.
Therefore x=2 is correct
algebra - Roger, Friday, September 10, 2010 at 12:07am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra. Please check my answers - Evaluate a/b+c^d for a=6,b=3,c=4 and d=5 A.42...
- algebra - 24x^4-12x^3+48x^2/-4x 24x^4-12x^3+12(-1) 24x^4-12x^3+(-12x) 2x^4-12x^3...
- algebra - 5x -3 = 11 + 12x combine like figures add 3 to both sides to remove ...
- Algebra - Can someone please check my work for me. Q: Plot the graph of the ...
- Algebra 1 - A square painting is surrounded by a frame. the outside edges of the...
- algebra - (12x+1)(x-1)=-3 12x^+1=-3 12x^=-1-3 x=1/3 check this problem
- Algebra - I'm not sure how to factor 3x^3-12x^2+3x. I tried separatring the 3x ...
- algebra2 - 1/3 - 5/6 = 1/X SOLVE 1/3 - 5/6 = 1/X Let's remove the denominators ...
- calc - What is dy/dx of y=12/12X-y^3 ???? Any idea anyone??? y=12/12X-y^3 I ...
- algebra - Can anyone tell me if I got this problem right 12x-6=11x 12x-6+6=11x+6...