Posted by Anna on Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 7:06pm.
Solve by factoring:
1.) x^2 - x - 12 = 0
Math - factoring - PsyDAG, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 7:26pm
What are the factors of 12? (6 & 2, 3 & 4)
Which combination of those will add to -1?
(x - 4)(x + 3) = 0
x = 4 or -3
Math - factoring - reid, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 7:27pm
First in these type of problems if there is a variable that is squared i always start by putting those in first
1) (x ) (x )
then i decide if im going to need a - or + and in this case because we want to make it - we have to put one of each
2)(x- )(x+ )
then i just start by plugging in numbers and the correct answer i found was..
if you need help on others just post em:)
Math - factoring - reid, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 7:29pm
of yes. sorry i almost forget
whenever solving for x
take the problem
and make each their own equation
then add the 4 and the subtract the three and you get
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Solve the equation. Use factoring or the quadratic formula, whichever ...
- Math-Factoring - Hey I need help factoring 5x^4-180x^2. I'm used to factoring ...
- Factoring - x2(squared)-4x+4 I would factor this into (X - 2)(X - 2) If you don'...
- GR.10 MATH. - i want to noe what is the DIFERENCE between partial and complete ...
- Algebra II - Need help please. Thank you. 1. Determine whether the function has ...
- Math - 2x(x+3) = 0 Is there a way to solve that using the below methods? ...
- math - 6. Solve by factoring. m² + 8m + 7 = 0 (1 point)8, 7 –7, 1 *–7, –1 7, 1 7...
- Math: Factoring - I'm having a hard time factoring polynomials, especially 3rd ...
- Algebra - Steps to factoring this x^3 - 8 ? I'm only used to factoring out the x...
- Algebra Question - When I'm factoring ax^2 + bx + c, is it fine to switch signs ...