Posted by Hannah on Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 5:37pm.
Perform the indicated operations and simplify the result. Leave your answer in factored form.
1) x/16 - 1/x all over 1 + 4/x
I chose answer C. I saw this as x^2-16/ x+4.
Multiply the following using the FOIL method. Express your answer as a single polynomial in standard form.
2) (sqrt a + a)(sqrt a - a)
A) a - a^2
B) a + a^2
C) sqrt a - a^2
D) 2 sqrt a
I chose answer C.
Simplify the expression. Express answers so that all exponents are positive. Whenever an exponent is 0 or negative, we assume that the base is not 0.
( 8 x^-1 / 3 y^-1)^-2
A) 9 y^2 / 64 x^2
B) 64 x^2 / 9 y^2
C) 64 y^2 / 9 x^2
D) 9 x^2 / 64 y^2
E) -9 x^2 /64 y^2
I chose answer A) 9 y^2 / 64 x^2
- Please check answers) - Reiny, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 6:11pm
1. first multiply both top and bottom of your fraction by 16x/(16x) to get
(x^2 - 16)/(16x-64)
= (x+4)/16 which is probably what you meant when you typed a)
2. (√a + a)(√a - a) = a - a^2 , which is b)
3. ( 8 x^-1 / 3 y^-1)^-2
= [(8/x) / (3/y)]^-2
= 9x^2/(64y^2) or D)
- Please check answers) - Hannah, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 7:57pm
SO for #2 the answer is a-a^2 or +a^2?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - Perform the indicated operations and simplify the result. Leave your ...
- math- please help! - Please help with these 5 problems! I have the solutions but...
- Algebra (check my answers) - Please check these answers. Multiply -7(2a2 -4) = -...
- Algebra - Can you please check my work? You have helped other students I know. ...
- college algebra - 1. divide and simplify x^2+x-56/x^1-1 / x-7/2x+2 2. find the ...
- math - Perform the indicated operation(s) and express the result in standard ...
- college algebra - Perform the indicated operation(s) and express the result in ...
- algebra 2 - 1.Simplify the difference. n^2 - lOn+24 9 / n^2 - 13n + 42 — 7 A. n...
- Precalculus - Hello, Thanks for all of the help guys. I really appreciate it. I ...
- Algebra - Perform the indicated operations an write the result in standard form...