Posted by amanda on Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 4:30pm.
Use compatible numbers to complete this problem. Then estimate the sum.
3rd grade - Writeacher, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 5:36pm
What numbers are 3428 and 432 fairly close to? Once you come up with those, then you should be able to add in your head and estimate the answer.
3428 -- fairly close to 3400
432 -- fairly close to 450
When you add those two in your mind, you should get 3850.
3rd grade - angela, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 6:31pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 3rd grade - my dauter have a math problem and I don't no how to help her. this ...
- 5th grade math - how can you use compatible number to estimate 14675 divided by ...
- algebra worde problem - when would you use compatible numbers to estimate the ...
- math - Write the number that makes the statement true. 1. 205.5 m = _____ mm (1 ...
- Halp me or i fall - Write the number that makes the statement true. 1. 205.5 m...
- 3rd grade - Please explain what you do when asked to use compatible numbers.
- 3rd grade math - how do you tell what compatible numbers you would use and theh ...
- 3rd grade math - sara wants to know how many boxes of cookies her entire girl ...
- 4th grade math - explain why it can be better to use compatible numbers to ...
- Math-3rd grade - Round to estimate the sum of all the numbers in 14.