Posted by Sabrina on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 8:00pm.
0.38 = (3 X 0.1) + ( X )
My sons paper instructs us to fill in the missing values. We understand that we are to fill in the two values in the second set of parenthesis, but that is all we understand.
Please help...I feel so inadequate because I can't help my child with this problem.
- 5th Grade Math - David, Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 8:05pm
I'm putting the answer on the right because that's how I'm used to it.
(3*0.1) + (X) = 0.38
First we do the problems in parentheses. Since we are looking to find X we are not going to do that right now.
(3*0.1) = 0.3.
Now we subtract that from the equation.
0.3 + (X) =0.38
0.3 - 0.3 + (X) = 0.38 - 0.3
X = 0.35
- 5th Grade Math - Sabrina, Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 8:13pm
Thanks for your help but I'm afraid I didn't make the question clear. This is actually asking for two answers.
The x is simply a multiplication symbol and we need a missing value times a missing value. Their is an actual blank to be filled in on either side of the multiplication symbol in the second set of parenthesis.
- 5th Grade Math - Jen, Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 9:37pm
0.38 = (3 X 0.1) + ( X )
Subtract .3 from both sides
I don't know why you said it's asking for two answers. I really think this is the only answer.
- 5th Grade Math - Sabrina, Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 10:15pm
Because in the second set of parenthesis there is an actual black line printed on the page on both sides of the multiplication sign. He must put an answer on both black lines. The instructions say to fill in the missing values (not value).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - 0.38 = (3X0.1) + ( X ) My sons paper instructs us to fill in the missing ...
- 5TH GRADE MATH NEED HELP ASAP - EXAMINE THE PATTERN AND FILL IN THE MISSING ...
- math - Fill in the blanks y = 10x + 100 x y -20 ? -10 ? 0 ? 10 ? I don't see any...
- Calculus - The table below shows some values of a linear function f and an ...
- Algebra 1-HELP! - Fill in the missing values in the given table f(x)=6x-1 x f(x...
- mathematics - Fill up the missing values LENGTH=60cm BREADTH =45cm HEIGHT=? ...
- Math - x^(1/3)(x+3)^(2/3). Doing curve sketching and cannot seem to figure out ...
- Logic - For each of the following enthymemes, identify the premise(s) and the ...
- Algebra II - Assuming that y varies directly as the fourth power of x, fill in ...
- Alegra II - If y varies directly as the cube of x and inversely as the square ...