Posted by Hannah on Monday, September 6, 2010 at 7:49pm.
Simplify each expression
My answer is 1/6. Am I correct.
I do not know how to simplify this.
- Math - Reiny, Monday, September 6, 2010 at 7:53pm
(-216)^1/3 = - 1/6
(how can (1/6)(1/6)(1/6) end up negative ?
= x^2 y^3
- Math - MathMate, Monday, September 6, 2010 at 7:59pm
1/6 is almost correct, except that you probably notice the original expression is negative. Give it one more try.
Use the rules of exponentiation:
(ab)^(m/n)=(a^m * b^m)^(1/n)
and the inverse:
=( (x^4y)^2 * (xy^4) )^(1/3)
=( x^8*y^2 * x * y*4 )^(1/3)
=(x^9 * y^6)^(1/3)
=x^3 * y^2
(Note that the above example is not the same as the given question).
Post your answer for a check if you wish.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - application of the laws of exponent. show different ways of simplifying ...
- Algebra 1--Please, check my answers! - Multiply. Simplify your answer. 1. (n + 3...
- math - translate the phrase into a mathematical expression and then evaluate it...
- Alegbra - Translate the phrase to mathematical language. Then simplify the ...
- math - application of the laws of exponent show different ways of simplifying ...
- Algebra - 1. Simplify the expression: 4√18+5√32 A.45√2 B.32...
- algebra - 1)Simplify:(6x^3-16x^2+11x-5)/(3x-2) answer= 2x^2-4x+1-3over3x-2 2)...
- algebra 2 - 1.Simplify the difference. n^2 - lOn+24 9 / n^2 - 13n + 42 — 7 A. n...
- Math - Here are the questions I need help with, please help. [(1/4)^-3 divide ...
- Math Ms. Sue - Here are the questions I need help with, please help. [(1/4)^-3 ...