Posted by Corey on Monday, September 6, 2010 at 12:22pm.
I have been pouring over this all day and would appreciate if someone could look this over for me with some good news... am I getting it? Gracias!
>> represents my chosen answer.
1. Having studied small engine repair in night school, fixing the lawn mower was easy.
2. When I asked for a submarine, the convenience store clerk said he didn't have kits for making model ships with a confused look.
3. I always think linen napkins are nicer.
4. The reason she is not here is because she is ill.
5. The wind was howling and blowing a hundred miles an hour when suddenly there is a big crash, and a tree falls into Rocky's living room. The sentence shifts in
voice and subject
6. The bulldozer clanked into the woods and the ground was disturbed. This sentence shifts in
>>voice and subject
7. Some used car salesmen twist the truth. Be careful when you talk to them. This sentence shifts in
voice and subject
8. If one smokes cigarettes, you run the risk of getting lung cancer.
9. Anyone who rides a bicycle every day will discover that they develop some muscles not developed by jogging. This sentence shifts in
10. The person sat down at the counter and asked did we have any scruples. This sentence shifts in
voice and subject
11. He brought home a new car - large, fire-engine red, fast, and which he could not afford.
unclear pronoun reference
lack of parallelism
12. He wrote a hot check. The word hot is used
13. Hot flames poured out of the grill. The word hot is used
14. Have you booted the disk? The word booted is
15. When is the blessed event supposed to take place? Blessed event is
16. The male nurse left the room. Male nurse is
17. Mortality weighs heavily upon me like an unwilling sleep. Samuel Johnson
18. He flunked the chemistry test. Flunked is
19. But time did beckon to the flowers. Herbert
20. Here the once embattled farmers stood and fired the shot heard round the world.
21. Select the most effective sentence.
Baxter worried about his English exam when he thought about it.
>>Baxter felt a pang of existential anxiety when he comtemplated his English exam.
When Baxter thought of his English test, he freaked out.
Thinking about the English exam, worry came over Baxter.
22. Identify the type of organization used in the following sentence: I went to the buffet six times, and I still saved room for dessert.
23. Identify the type of organization in the following sentence: Since I was hungry again in an hour, I went to Whataburger.
24. I am ____ distraught over my horrible love life ____ commiserate with you over yours.
Answer this Question
economics - Over the last 30 years in the United States, the realprice of a ...
English - I urgently need you to check this. Thank you, Writeacher. 1) Sorry for...
english - Choose the correct singular, third person, conjugation of the verb to ...
statistics - A sample survey interviews an SRS of 263 college women. Suppose (as...
statistics - I have been working on this problem (and looking through my book ...
Statistics(math) - (20.47 S-AQ) A sample survey interviews an SRS of 252 college...
English - Could you please check these few sentences? Thank you. 1) I clapped ...
Test Prep for College Final - I have been taking a distance learning course the ...
English - What is a fixed essay and what is a moving essay I have never heard ...
English - Please could you help me with this paragraph. How is my English ...