Posted by TAYLOR on Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 9:47pm.
MACHO ATE 125 HOT DOGS OVER A FIVE DAY PERIOD. EACH DAY HE AT SEVEN MORE HOT DOGS THAN ON THE PREVIOUS DAY. HOW MANY HOT DOGS DID HE EAT ON THE FIRST DAY?
- MATH - Reiny, Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 9:50pm
first day --> x
2nd day --> x+7
x + x+7 + x+14 + x+21 + x+28 = 125
5x = 55
x = 11
- MATH - Henry, Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 10:04pm
x = (x+7) + (x+14) + (x+21) + (x+28) =
5x + 70 = 125,
5x = 125 - 70 = 55,
x = 11.
- MATH - Nicole, Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 4:27pm
I agree 100% with that answer and I understand all of it besides:
5x + 70 = 125
- MATH - Henry, Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 7:27pm
X + (X + 7) + (X + 14) + (X + 21) + (X + 28) = 125.
X + X + X + X + X = 5X.
7 + 14 + 21 + 28 = 70.
5X + 70 = 125
5X = 125 - 70 = 55
X = 11.
I'm glad i could help.
- MATH - Sriram, Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 4:48pm
11 hot dogs.
- MATH - Elisa, Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 9:55pm
Answer 11 hotdogs
- MATH - Alyssa, Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 7:57pm
the answer is correct it would be 11 hotdogs
- MATH - TAYLOR, Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 6:49pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - "Mr. Macho, my great dane, ate 125 hotdogs over a five-day period. Each ...
- math problem solving - mr. mancho, my great dane, ate 125 hot dogs over a five-...
- 3rd grade - mr.mancho my great dane ate 125 hot dogs over a five day period. ...
- 8th grade - mr. macho ate 125 hotdogs over a five day peroid each day he ate ...
- family math problem solving - ms. jones my great cat ate 125 hamburgers over a ...
- Algebra - Matt ate a total of 100 raisins over a five day period. Each day he ...
- Algebra - algebra 2 trig: A food vendor at a stadium sells hot dogs for $2. At ...
- Math - A vendor sold 2/3 of his hot dogs in the morning and 1/6 in the afternoon...
- Economics - Ashley is currently consuming 10 hot dogs and 8 hamburgers a week. ...
- math - A hot dog vendor at the zoo recorded the average temperature and the ...