Posted by Johnny on Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 7:12pm.
I have two I need help with!
1. An airplane is flying in a horizontal flight level at constant velocity, heading due east. If the weight of the plane is 2.6 x 10^4 N, what is the net force on the plane?
d) that due to gravity, which is 2.5x10^5 N
e)need to know the thrust, drag, and buoyant force
2a.A 320-kg satellite is in orbit around the earth 16,000km above the earths surface. What is the weight of the satellite when in orbit
b) 320 kg
c) 120 N
2b.Whats the weight of the same satellite when it is on the earths surface, just before being launched?
c) 32.7 N
e) 3100 N
- Physics - drwls, Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 7:39pm
1. Constant velocity means zero net force.
2a. Weight is measured in Newtons, not kg.
W = M g', where g' is less than the value at the earth's surface, g. 16000 km above the Earth's surface is about 22,400 above the center of the Earth, or 3.5 Earth radii. g' = g/(3.5)^2 = 0.80 m/s^2
W = about 250 N
2b. M g = ?
The closest answer is (e), but is off by about 1%
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- College physics - An airplane is cruising along in a horizontal level flight at ...
- Trig - An air traffic controller tells the pilot of an airplane flying due east ...
- Physics - You are traveling on an airplane. The velocity of the plane with ...
- physics - You are traveling on an airplane. The velocity of the plane with ...
- Physics - A jetliner can fly 6.50 hours on a full load of fuel. Without any wind...
- Physics - A flight controller determines that an airplane is 34.0mi south of him...
- physics - a plane is flying with a constant speed along a straight line at an ...
- Physics - A flight controller determines that an airplane is 20.0 south of him. ...
- physics - While flying due east at 130 km/h, an airplane is also carried ...
- physics - You are flying to Chicago for a weekend away from the books. In your ...