Posted by Hannah on Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 5:11pm.
1) Solve the equation: 15(7x-6) = 3x-5
My answer is (-85/108)
2) Mary and her brother collect coins. Mary has 4 times the number of coins that her brother has. Together they have 175 coins. How many does Mary have?
My answer is 140
3) Perform the indicated operations. Express the answer as a single polynomial in standard form.
(x-1)(x^2 + 2x -3)
My answer is x^3 + x^2 - 5x + 3
4) Determine which values must be excluded from the domain.
x / x^2 - 9
My answer is x=3 and x=-3
5) Solve the equation. The letters a,b,c are constants.
ax-b=c; a is not equal to 0.
My answer is x=b + c / a
6) Find c in the following.
For 4x^2 - 12x + c to be a perfect square, c must be?
The choices are 9 , 3 ,-9, 0, or noe of the above.
My answer is none of the above.
7) Write the statment using symbols.
The sum of four and x is the product of 5 and y.
My answer is 4+x = 5y
8) write the number as a decimal.
3.875 x 10^-9
My answer is 0.000000003875
Are these answers correct?
Math(Please check answers) - Reiny, Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 5:48pm
all ok, except #5 and #6
in #5 write it as (b+c)/a or else only b is divided by a
#6 should be 9 so that
4x^2 + 12 + 9 = (2x+3)^2
Math(Please check answers) - Hannah, Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 7:06pm
Math(Please check answers) - kfajslf, Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at 5:14pm
Math(Please check answers) - Ernestine, Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 5:12pm
I need to see the work for the problem 2/5x2875....I know the answer is 1725...but i need to see the process in order to answer the other questions.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- hj - mary and peter have 480 coins after party spending 20 coins . he has 3 ...
- 5th grade math - I need to use quarters, dimes, nickles and pennies to make the ...
- Math - Susan has some $2-coins and $5-coins. If there are 18 coins and the total...
- maths - mohan changed 2 in to 5 p 20 p and 50 p coins. if the number of 5 p ...
- Math - Thomas put 1/4 of the c coins he had in his pocket into the jar under his...
- Math - Please check to see if I did this correctly. This is a 2 part math ...
- Math check my answers - 1. Evaluate. 8d - 10 for d = 4 A.32 B.22*** C.26 D.46 2...
- Math - Make your own equation. 1. A number is 6 times another number. The sum of...
- maths - A bag contained a number of 20cents, 50cents and $1 coins. 1/3 of the ...
- Math - Mrs. Chans math class contributed 2 dollars and $1 coins to an earthquake...