Posted by Amy~ on Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 9:53am.
A construction company needs to build thirty trusses for the roof of a house.
The truss is 20 ft long on the top two sides.
What is the bottom length of the truss?
the options for this answer were:
When I solved this, I got 28.3
- Math: Geometry/Algebra? - Reiny, Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 10:06am
Did you forget an angle or something like that?
- Math: Geometry/Algebra? - Amy~, Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 10:18am
in the problem?
the diagram of the truss had 6 triangles inside it with a pentagon in the middle
I sqrt 20 and got 400
400+400 = 800 sqrt
- Math: Geometry/Algebra? - Amy~, Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 10:19am
it said which is an acceptable length for the bottom
- Math: Geometry/Algebra? - Reiny, Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 10:51am
Still not enough. There are too many possibilities.
Are the triangles congruent, equilateral or are some angles given?
Is the pentagon touching the base?
Does the pentagon fit into the top of the truss?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - Please help me with this problem because i do not understand and also...
- physics, mit 2.01x, mechanical engineering - MITx 2.091x Can anyone help me on ...
- Physics - SD TRUSS PROBLEM WITH THE METHOD OF JOINTS The truss structure ABCD is...
- algebra - The formula for the area of a trapezoid is A = h(B + b) 2 . The area ...
- math - Malcom designed the roof plan of a house and implement shed. The ...
- geometry - I have a isosceles trapezoid question. The top line is 13" long, the ...
- Geometry - 1. Television screens are sized according to the length of a diagonal...
- physics - A load W=2 kN is applied vertically to joint C of truss ABCDE as ...
- mechanical engineering - A load W=2 kN is applied vertically to joint C of truss...
- math - A carpenter is constructing a triangular roof for a storage shed as shown...