Posted by jen on Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 7:35am.
PLEASE HELP ME FACTOR COMPLETLEY.
- Math - drwls, Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 8:26am
That is the difference of two squares. Remember that a^2 - b^2 = (a+b)(a-b)
Think of "a" as 5w and "b" as 12.
Now write down the answer.
- Math - jen, Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 8:31am
so the answer is 481??
- Math - drwls, Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 8:36am
No. Where did the w go?
They are asking for the expression
25w^2 - 144
to be factored, not evalauated.
The answer is
(5w + 12)(5w - 12)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Which algebretic equation correct represents this sentence? 25 is three ...
- math - Factor completley 12r^2 +36rf +27f^2 5x^5-20x^4+30x^3 Can anyone please ...
- math - how do you factor problems like (w^3)(x^2)-(10w^3)(x)+25w^3?
- algebra - Did I do this problem right? (2y+5w+6)(5y+5w-4) 2y(5y)+ 2y(5w) + 2y(-4...
- math - Not sure of this one. Factor completley 1-81z^2 and this on 16p^2q^2-8pq^...
- Math - Need help with this one Factor completley, if not write prime 6X2 + X-15
- math(factoring by completing) - hi. - I am not sure how to do this.- You have to...
- Algebra - Can someone help me, I am stuck and do not know how to complete. Maybe...
- algebra - complete factorization y^4-25y^2+144 (^) denotes following number is ...
- math - 3x^2+17x+10 *you have to factor completley 51xcubed+12 Didn't I do this ...